I broke Mozilla

Richard McLarty rmclarty at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Apr 15 17:29:30 UTC 2004

Matt,

Thanks -- didn't realize that my mozilla was that far behind the current
release. I decided to force a reinstall (rpm -U  replacepkgs) of the
older version, just to make sure I knew how to solve the problem without
upgrading. I'm thinking I must have created the problem by downloading
the wrong plugin, so the possibility I might repeat the error made me
want a more basic solution.

Problem solved, but would be have been easier to do if YUM had a forced
mode like rpm does. Guess you can't have everything!

I did run into a tutorial on adding multi-media plugins to mozilla that
is pretty cool, and learned more about configuring YUM in the process:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/dynaweb_docs/linux/usr/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO.html#introduction

Thanks again for your help! Richard