Documentation for Bind in Fedora Core 1

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Apr 20 21:10:19 UTC 2004

Am Di, den 20.04.2004 schrieb david um 22:53:

> Friends
>
> It appears that the man-page that comes with FC1 describing "named" is not
> quite right.  In particular, it refers to the default configuration file
> being in /etc/named.conf (where I had it in RedHat 7.2), whereas the Fedora
> release notes have some references to an alternate location in  /var.   So,
> when I put my conf file back to /etc/named.conf, things didn't quite work
> as expected.
>
> I wonder if this could be explained, maybe even in the release notes.

Check wether you have bind-chroot installed. That will influence the
setup. You can see in /etc/sysconfig/named where the chroot sits:
ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot by default. So named.conf will then be in
/var/named/chroot/etc/ and the master zone files in
/var/named/chroot/var/named/, the slave zones have to be in the subdir
slaves.

> David Kurn

Alexander

P.S. That was explained earlier here on the list.

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
Sirendipity 23:05:45 up 2 days, 5:51, load average: 0.24, 0.16, 0.18
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]