Logs and how to read them

Mike Rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Wed Apr 21 23:55:42 UTC 2004

At 03:50 PM 4/21/2004, you wrote:

>2 days for updating? Then you certainly did not setup mirror usage :(

  nope, I did not see your message on this list about how to set up a
mirror until a week after I had done it the slow way but rest assured I
have done it for the future :)

>about a mail size of 0 bytes. So there was not any DATA transfered. You
>can forget such entries. That are harmless connects, sending no data.

   I saw the 0 bytes but I was not sure.  I may send you a short excerpt
off-list of the maillog after I get the data log from my ISP also.

   As I said, I am pretty sure I am safe and secure, I have run several of
the relay tests (again Thank You for the links) and I cant imagine it being
from my system.  I just need to learn more about reading logs and what they
mean.

         mike