FC1 and Laptops?

Martin Stone martin.stone at db.com
Thu Apr 22 13:56:08 UTC 2004

I'll chime in with the chorus and say "ThinkPad" - every ThinkPad I have ever
had has run Linux flawlessly - and given that IBM now has by far the largest
committment to Linux of any company that manufactures laptops, it's unlikely
that they would deliberately introduce any incompatibilities.  In fact, if I
recall correctly, not too long ago IBM was selling a T-series laptop that had
some version of Linux pre-installed.

Unfortunately, there are no more ThinkPads in my future.  Ever since I got my
PowerBook I can't even look at another laptop.