File Associations

Mac mrmack1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 20:14:58 UTC 2004

Yes I am running the Gnome Desktop using the Nautilus
file manager.  I did use the "Other Application" and
the file is associated with RealPlayer.  The problem
occures when I double click on the file, the
RealPlayer opens but then I get the error message.

I'm mot certain how to get into the file association
to make changes or corrections or deletions to be able
to start over.

Thank you for your response,

Ed aka Mac

--- Alexander Dalloz
<alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Am Do, den 22.04.2004 schrieb Edward J. McSheehy um
> 21:35:
>
> > How do you change or adjust a file association in
> Fedora Core I?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Edward J. McSheehy
>
> You unfortunately did not tell which desktop system
> you use: are you a
> KDE or Gnome user? If you use Gnome then you
> probably speak of running
> Nautilus file manager. If doing so just click with
> right mouse button ->
> open with -> different application ... and follow
> the further settings
> you want to change.
>
> Alexander
>

> --
> Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG key
> 1024D/ED695653 1999-07-13
> Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU
> kernel 2.4.22-1.2179.nptl
> Sirendipity 21:47:14 up 4 days, 4:33, load average:
> 0.09, 0.18, 0.18
>                    [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον -
> gnothi seauton ]
>              my life is a planetarium - and you are
> the stars
>

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
name=signature.asc