Gnu Pascal?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Fri Apr 23 01:30:47 UTC 2004

Bill Kenney wrote:

>>JLT> Has anyone tried to package gpc for Fedora?
>>
>>It seems not, so I spent some time on it and managed to build packages
>>for Red Hat 9 which seem to work well enough.  I'll try building
>>FC1 packages next.  If anyone has any interest in these packages,
>>please let me know.  If anyone thinks these might be useful in Fedora
>>Extras or some other repository, please let me know what I should do
>>to move in that direction.
>>
>> - J<
>>

>Thanks JLT
>
>I still use Pascal. It is a good programming language.
>I started on a VAX/VMS system, moved to Turbo Pascal-Delphi-Kylix and
>still find it very useful.

It would be interesting to have those rpms on a repository. A few
universities , for example , use Pascal as the first computer language
taught to first-time computer programmers. So , it would be interesting
to have rpms handy for these first time programmers....
And we have to remmember that many people still like to code in pascal...

--
Pedro Macedo