SoundBlaster Live! sound card issue...

Michael Mayhew plainmedici at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 05:11:25 UTC 2004

Greetings,

   I have a major problem in my attempts to configure sound for my Fedora
Core 1 linux machine. I have disabled the PnP OS setting in the BIOS as well
as the onboard sound. The Fedora Soundcard Detection utility recognizes the
card (as it did during installation) and the correct driver (emu10k1).
However, when I try to "Play test sound" the system freezes. (No mouse
movement, etc.) I am including, for posterity, the listing of my
modules.conf file (the relevant sections anyway). Any and all assistance
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

alias sound-slot-0 emu10k1
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null
2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null
2>&1 || :

Once again, thanks.

Michael