RH9 to Core 1

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Fri Apr 30 11:31:10 UTC 2004

You are right Steve.  Sorry for being so vague.

I will have to compile a list to be more exact, but since I just put it on
last night my first impressions were that some of my 'stuff' didn't work
right off. For example, one of my IRC applications didn't come up
anymore.  I haven't investigated why, but I am sure it can be resolved.
There is no sound when KDE comes up but maybe that is because there is not
meant to be any in this release??
I do have sound though, as I played some music (on a CD) and that worked
fine.  I did read however, that others had problems with their sound.  Also
it scattered my icons all over the desktop which was unusual but that can
be fixed. And I guess I can go on. But all in all, while Fedora installed
just fine, it didn't hit me the right way. Maybe Core 3 will look
prettier?  I don't know but we do have to move on.

So, all in alll I guess I really don't have a complaint.  Other than my
first impressions, I guess I can get over that.  But RH9 was really pretty
and nice, plus it did everything I wanted.. Too bad WE had to move..