FC2test1: XFree86

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Apr 1 12:43:58 UTC 2004

nyook wrote:

> Hello list
>
> Since a few days, I can't update many of the kde and qt packages (in
> fact everything gui related) because the dependency resolving shows an
> error that XFree86 requires some libx. I thought that everything which
> is required for these FC2test updates is located in rawhide?
>
> Can it be that I may have unintentionally/accidentally updated
> something XFree86-related from another repository which is icompatible
> to FC2test1? (I sometimes use apt-get with the freshrpms repository
> enabled, but for regular updates I use up2date with rawhide)
>
> Thanks.

 XFree86 has been replaced with the X fork version dubbed xorg-x11. Also
FC2 Test 2 is out and uses xorg-x11 by default.

I have a system that is running the development version and still has
XFree86 on it. Some third part programs, like dvd viewers do conflict
with going up to xorg. I kept XFree86 installed for just this reason.

Jim