Install Problems with Fedora Core 2.4.22-1.2115

Jeffrey Briggs jb61264 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 15:31:15 UTC 2004

I am very new to Linux and am installing Fedora Core
on a Dell dual-processor that used to have Windows XP
on it.

The installation seems to go smoothly until the reboot
sequence. After rebooting, the Anaconda installer
fires up ok and it starts its routines. It gets to the
part where it says it is "initializing firewire
controller", it gives an [OK] and then it freezes
everytime...I don't know what is causing it to freeze
because it never displays any information for me.

Does anyone know how I can begin to troubleshoot this
installation?

Thanks

Jeff