Make a distro from installation

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Apr 1 17:01:10 UTC 2004

Guys I am sure I has bee discussed before,
Where do you get the docs on how I can turn my current installation into
a distro.
Basiclly what I must have is a recovery cd.
But I am unsure of which route to take.

I have not added any thing to the distro except for some drivers.
and run some updates on the existing packages.

It will be used for mass production of pcs aimed at the home-user
market.
We have about 10 different specs and I have incorporated into my "image"
support for all the systems. In other words I have one hard drive and It
works on plugin with a few hardware changes detected by kudza on ten
different spec systems. I have a few kernels in in grub. One is the
stock FC1 and the other two are the amd 64 and intel 64 and the smp. We
will just edit the grub.conf for the relevant  spec and remove the
unwanted entries

So any ideas would be appreciated,
What we aim to do here is give the client a set of cds free with the
system that he/she purchases and if they bugger up the system then they
can simply reload from the cds.
They will obviously get advice telephonically. The  idea is to have a
std disc that my support techs can learn to use for a system re-install
/ recovery / repair both telephonically and onsite.
--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.