How to install fedora from source rpms ?

Thu Apr 1 17:59:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 11:21, Mandar Deodhar wrote:
> hi,
>
> is there any way to upgrade my existing system (Fedora core 1 with 2.6.3
> kernel, KDE 3.2.1)
> to fedora 2 using srpms ?
>
> i want to use srpms because i want to check performance difference when i
> compile it for i686 otherwise i already have upgraded packages.
>
> please tell me how to upgrade using srpms.
>
> -mandar

Build the RPMS and add an up2date entry

dir my-i686-rpms /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686

Unless you have your own build farm and can automate with scripts,
you'll be hard pressed to build updates as fast as they come out.

Conventional wisdom has it that only a few packages (like kernel,
openssl, glibc) are going to make much difference; however, if you
manage to do it and have benchmark results please share.