grub.conf help (w/ XP)

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Thu Apr 1 19:24:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 13:25, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Yes, but the issue is Windows was installed as C:\
> When making it the slave, it now becomes D:\ and everything in the
> install that is hard coded as C:\ becomes screwed.
>
> That's why I need to use a boot loader that switches the drives.

It can be done in grub. The key is to make Windows think the drive is
the first drive. This is done with the commands.

    map (hd0) (hd1)
    map (hd1) (hd0)
    chainloader +1

I'm sorry I don't have my home file with me, otherwise, I could give you
the exact example.

For more info, use info grub

--
Edward M. Croft