where to install Perl-Modusles for wdg-html-validator

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Apr 2 16:15:51 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 02.04.2004 schrieb BlueHat um 18:05:

> I've used rpm's I found on the web and installed them, sorry to tell you
> this.

If you find RPMs on the net you want to install on Fedora please make
sure they are proper for Fedora. Other distributions use different
macros in the RPMs.

If you need RPMs of CPAN Perl modules - and it is not recommended to do
a forced/nodep install of any RPM - better make use of i.e. cpan2rpm
instead of installation of Perl modules directly from source. The RPM
database does not know about source installations. cpan2rpm is very ease
of use, although it does not generate "perfect" RPMs.

See http://perl.arix.com/cpan2rpm/ and fedora.us has this tool packaged
for FC1.

> Thanks a lot your answer helps to understand whats happend.
>
> Andreas

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 18:11:19 up 14 days, 1:53, load average: 0.82, 0.39, 0.23
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]