rpm installation?

Kent Loobey kent at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 2 23:57:12 UTC 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 15:08, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Sa, den 03.04.2004 schrieb Kent Loobey um 00:57:
> > I want to install Real Player on my system.  I have downloaded an rpm
> > (xmms-aac-2.0-1.rc3.rhfc1.ccrma.i386.rpm) and now I want to install it.
> > How can I do this?  I would like to do it with yum if that is possible...
>
> 1) mkdir /var/spool/localyum
> 2) edit /etc/yum.conf and add -->
> [localrepo]
> name=local rpm repository
> baseurl=file://car/spool/localyum/
> gpgcheck=1
> 3) put the RPMS you like within the localyum directory
> 4) run yum
>
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Kent

When I tried this I get:

root:/var/spool/localyum# yum update
Server: Fedora Core 1 -- Fedora US mirror
Server: Fedora Linux (stable) for Fedora Core 1 -- Fedora US mirror
Server: Fedora Core 1 updates -- Fedora US mirror
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
Server: local rpm repository
retrygrab() failed for:
  file://var/spool/localyum/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file file://var/spool/localyum/headers/header.info
[Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/spool/localyum/headers/header.info'
root:/var/spool/localyum#

It seems to be expecting a headers subdirectory with some info in it but I am
not sure how I can get the header.info created...