fedora-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 17

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat Apr 3 03:49:48 UTC 2004

At 18:07 4/2/2004, you wrote:
>Do you think I'd be running a test release if I didn't want to make sure that
>other people would not run into the same bugs I run into and that things can
>move faster?

If you're on this list, you are not running a testing release. This list is
intended for *core* releases (read, stable production releases). There is a
test list dedicated to test releases... and we've been over, and over, and
over this same topic before. People running different versions of an
operating system (e.g. FC1 vs. FC2-test-2) will run into different issues.
It is much easier for *everybody* if the questions, answers, and
discussions about each are kept on different lists. It lowers noise, and
increases the chances that you'll actually get help.

But back to the point: you keep saying you're running a test release. If
you are running any testing release of FC2, kindly subscribe to
fedora-test-list and post there, both for your benefit and ours. If you are
running FC1, then you are under the sad misapprehension that FC1 is a
testing release.

Which, to my mind, does show some ignorance of the subject matter. That's
not a bad thing, and doesn't make you a bad person, but it *is* something
which it would be nice to correct, don't you think?

>You might say that people are buying a service at a park, while at Fedora,
>they
>are just testers. [...] Treat your testers with respect.

Reading this part, I become more and more convinced that you believe all
Fedora releases are testing releases. I am not going to attempt to convince
you that you are wrong. However, if you believe you are testing, then
PLEASE go to fedora-test-list.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com