TV-out/TwinView not working with GeForce4 MX440

Ben Vitale bvitale at cisunix.unh.edu
Sat Apr 3 20:39:14 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>>	Driver      "nvidia"
>>

>>	VendorName  "Nvidia"
>>	BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX440"
>>

>You do not use the NVidia closed source driver but the nvidia module
>from XFree. I am sure twinview is only supported / a feature by the
>NVidia driver. Be sure do deactivate DRI running the nv driver (follow
>the instructions in the readme on nvidia.com).

Thank you for your response, but I don't understand.  You are suggesting
that I *should* use the NVidia closed source driver?  That is what I am
using. "nvidia" is the closed source one.  If I choose the XFree "nv"
driver, then TwinView is not available.

I commented out the DRI line and restarted X, there was no change in result.

>Maybe http://yanc.sourceforge.net/ is helpful for you.

This tool produces the same configuration that I already have with
respect to TwinView.

Ben