fedora-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 17

Brian Bober netdemonz at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 08:11:40 UTC 2004

> >> Alexander certainly isn't ignorant.
>
> > I can guarantee that I am not ignorant either.  Yet he questioned
> > whether I am ignorant or not.
>
> Consider that Alexander Dalloz is probably not a native speaker.  Even
> though he seems to do a good job at speaking English, he might have
> chosen a word that didn't quite mean what he meant to say.

Ok, thanks. I'm not really upset at him anymore since he sent me a private
email earlier that explained he didn't mean to have it sound like an attack.

Looking at it this way, I can understand how a word could have been said to
mean something different than how I interpreted it since ignorant usually has a
derogatory connotation that foreign speakers might not be aware of simply by
its definition.

Sorry about the subject of this thread btw, I forgot to give it a name.. I'm
still not sure what I'm posting is appearing in the thread. It might take more
than giving it the same subject. I'm not sure if its possible to post within a
thread when using digest mode for a list. Is it?