Spurious 8259A Interrupt Error

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Sun Apr 4 16:11:18 UTC 2004

On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 11:42:44 -0400
"Joe Duke" <jduke at drive-spies.com> wrote:

> Well, disregard my last.  I have determined the cause is the ATI
> Radeon 9800 AGP card in this box, which is apparently not supported.
> The system boots fine when I force INIT 3.  Oh well, now to fix the
> driver issue.....................

Well, just to keep this discussion alive, I see this "spurious
interrupt" here too, usually when I activate gpm after getting out of
X11 (which suggests that at least in my case it's mouse-related). I am
not using gpm anymore, since it was showing very weird behavior. Any
successful experiences with this? Is this APIC-related? (APIC is turned
off here).

TIA

Andre

--