K3b blew my writer (5 of them)

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Sun Apr 4 23:14:38 UTC 2004

Hello PPL

I have read some interesting things on the list in the past day or so.
I hope you have all calmed down enough to share some brain power.
Now I am not to sure whether this is the right list but I don't really
want to join another just for one little (in my opinion) problem. This
is my config,

Qt: 3.1.2
KDE: 3.1.4-4 Red Hat
K3b: 0.10.3

Firstly K3b wont copy audio an audio cd using the copy disc option it
simply fails before it even writes.

The second thing it did wrong was when I set it to make more than 1 copy
of an iso it doesn't seem to pick up the blank disc on the second copy
and hangs the machine. mmm!

Now this is going to freak you out as it did me. After several attempts
at getting k3b to make more than one copy, It blew my writer. Not a
problem I replace the writer and it works ok! and then I tried again to
do multiple copies and again after much trying it blew the writer again.
I am now on my 5th writer. shees!

Ha HA ! I bet this hasn't happened to any of you.
The big Q is not weather it happend to you, no no then you would be
unluky like me. I just need Ideas.
I have re installed K3b and deps just before the fith drive.
I just dont want to take any chances on a sixth one, They might not
swappit next time.
By the way I have dual boot system and I have run tests under the
notorious nicroshaft the device is [was] fine.
I did have this all working on my p3 but since my upgrade its been
dodgy.
--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.