Uhm...what's this? [rdate question]

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Sun Apr 4 19:27:45 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 03:15, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
>     My local clock got moved, so I used redhat-config-time to establish
> a new one.  Then, just in case it'd take all day to adjust it via NTP, I
> ran:
>
> [root at aquila root]# rdate -s time.nist.gov
> Alarm clock
>
>     ..."Alarm clock"?  What the heck?

I'd love to know as well. Been Googling like crazy for this, and no
results yet! Of note that sometimes, when I go "rdate time.nist.gov" I
get the actual time, then when I want to sync "rdate -s time.nist.gov"
then it returns "Alarm clock". Same for time-a.nist.gov,
time-b.nist.gov, as well as time.nrc.ca. Argh =)

dex