mozilla brokenness

Tom Bjerck tom.bjerck at chello.no
Sun Apr 4 23:00:14 UTC 2004

On  3. Apr 2004 10:14, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

[...]

> So, I download and install mozilla 1.6 at /usr/local. I fire it up, and
> Gallery logins work fine. Unfortunately, the fonts look like hell. How
> do I get this new version to pick up the fonts that the Fedora packaged
> version was using? Fonts available to one should be available to the
> other, no?

I guess you have installed the tar.gz which isn't compiled with
xft-support. Either have a look at:
http://www.mozilla.org/build/unix-details.html
and build mozilla yourself, or look around for a version compiled with
xft-support. It seems like the one found here supports xft:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/mozilla/

--
tb