mailing as daily digest subsciber (was: fedora-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 17)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Apr 4 17:48:26 UTC 2004

Am So, den 04.04.2004 schrieb Brian Bober um 10:11:

> Sorry about the subject of this thread btw, I forgot to give it a name.. I'm
> still not sure what I'm posting is appearing in the thread. It might take more
> than giving it the same subject. I'm not sure if its possible to post within a
> thread when using digest mode for a list. Is it?

Hi Brian,

unfortunately your list mails are replies to the digest mail. That means
they contain a header tag like

As far as I see you are using a webmailer for posting. I do not know,
but does that tool contain address book support? Then it would be
helpful for mailing new topics to use this functionality and always use
"new mail" instead of "reply". This would certainly be not the best
variant as it has no reference any more, but maybe better than wrong
ones. With only the digest mail I see no way to have correct threading
(referencing to other list mails). At least it is necessary to choose a
speaking subject line.

You may check if it is more comfortable for you to follow this list
using news.gmane.org. That service offers some Fedora mailing lists as
news feed. With a newsreader you would be able to proper reply.

http://news.gmane.org/search.php?match=fedora

Regards

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 19:36:23 up 16 days, 3:18, load average: 0.55, 0.56, 0.54
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]