No-Boot on CD .. FC2t2

Randy Kelsoe randykel at swbell.net
Mon Apr 5 02:57:25 UTC 2004

n_powell wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:48:44 -0400
>thus spake spdemon6 at optonline.net:
>

>>I dloaded FC2 test 2 and am trying to install it on my computer
>>[dell]. I have set the BIOS to boot FLOPPY/CD/HDD
>>
>>It does not boot off the CD1 or CD2 and I tried to reburn cd1 w/o
>>effect. I tried downloading the A: image to boot but that asks for
>>FC1.what do I need to do to make it boot [I have ISO and RAR files for
>>the cd image if that means anything]
>>

>Are you sure you are burning the image and not the file?  Open the cd in
>windows and if you have just one file...you did it wrong.

This was asked last week and answered on this list. You need to
subscribe to 'fedora-test-list', since you are using a different version
than what is covered here. From what I read, there is a bug in the
installer, and you have to get and burn the first Fedora Core 1 disc,
boot from it, then insert your first disk from Fedora Core Test 2.