Repository with later spamassassin

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Apr 5 02:59:10 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 22:32, Steve Bergman wrote:

> I have it set up system wide.  What I would really like is to be able to
> use the bayesian capabilities of spamassassin and get real time feedback
> from the users' email clients.  Hopefully, Spamassassin 2.63 will plug a
> few of the 2.60 holes for now.
>
> -Steve

Ah, I used 2.63 to set this up.  It is fairly easy to setup what you
want.  I created a spamuser account and specified that user in the
procmail rule and in the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf so there is a
single system wide bayesian database.

I looked at automating a way for users to submit missed spam for
processing but have not enabled that feature.  There are aspects of
doing that which could present problems if users do not follow the
procedures 100%.  Instead there is a designated user that collects the
messages and processes them manually.  This is at best a weekly or
monthly job.

Spamassassin will add messages marked as spam to the database
automatically.  It is a good idea to seed the database with a few
thousand messages if possible.  I seem to remember reading that the
database is not active until it has processed over a 1000 messages.  It
is also a good idea to run good messages (ham) through as well.

--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>