GUMBY GRUB

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Mon Apr 5 11:50:13 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 08:45, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> It would appear that on Apr 5, Douglas Furlong did say:
>
> > On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 03:06, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
>
> > > No lilo <sigh> incidentally "# which lilo" didn't help either...
> > >
> > > I presume I can get an rpm for it, but is there one specifically for
> > > fedora? Or will I have to look for a generic lilo rpm? At the moment, I
> > > don't even know where to look for rpms that are built for fedora yet,
> > > care to point me in the right direction?
> >
> > I just ran yum search lilo on my fedora machine and it came back with
> > Available package: lilo.i386 0:21.4.4-24 from base matches with
> >  lilo
> >
> > I am running an rsync'd repository locally, off of
> > www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1
> > Can you not run yum install lilo?
> >
> > Doug
>
> Probably can as soon as I figure yum out...
>
> I'm not that new to linux, But some of the tools do vary from distro to
> distro... The way you describe it I suspect this "yum" is something like
> the "urpmi" tool that mandrake likes...
>
> Is there a good yum how-to around???
I have not used Mandrake for quite a while so am not familiar with any
of their tools any more.

However Fedora is using yum to maintain off site (and yes you can make
hand "on site" ones before some one tells me this) repositories and make
for easy installation and maintenance (upgrades etc).

Run "yum install lilo" and it should install : )

Doug