rdate not setting the date

Bill Johnson Bill at JohnsonAcres.com
Mon Apr 5 10:58:44 UTC 2004

I searched, but didn't see an answer to this.  I have always used rdate to
keep my system clock in sync with time.nist.gov NTP time server.  When
daylight savings time hit this past weekend, I noticed that the time on my
laptop did not change.  I tried to do it manually, with no affect.  Is
there a problem with rdate under fedora?

If I run rdate -s time.nist.gov, I get a message displayed:

Alarm clock

but no change to the system time.  I have also tried other NTP servers
with the exact same result.  I get the same result if I try rdate -p
time.nist.gov (or any other NTP server).

Any suggestions?  I miss the assurance of my laptop time being accurate.

Regards,

Bill Johnson

"Jesus could have saved Himself from the cross,
but then He wouldn't have saved me."  (Rick Warren)