FC1 on VMWare Workstation 4 (from a noob)

PEEL, Chris Chris.PEEL at wilmslow.sema.slb.com
Mon Apr 5 11:57:50 UTC 2004

Hi list

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times already but a quick
Google hasn't shown anything up so I thought I'd try here.

I'm having a problem installing FC1 on VMWare Workstation - the installation
completes okay, but when I reboot the VM I just get a blank screen with a
flashing cursor in the top left corner.  If I run an upgrade Anaconda tells
me it can't detect my boot loader so I ask it to update it - the trouble is,
as no Kernel packages are changed, it doesn't alter the loader.

For info, I've tried installing from CD, over the internet (using boot.iso
as the CD) and I'm currently downloading the full ISOs again so I can try
them as images.

The VMWare config is pretty basic - I set up a pre-sized 4GB disk and let
FC1 autoconfigure everything to do with the disk paritions.

TIA

Chris

from any virus transmitted.