YUM dependencies and RH-7.3 (?)

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Mon Apr 5 13:18:22 UTC 2004

Hello Family,

I have been following the thread(s) on YUM and downloaded he rpm
from
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/1/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/ and
have quite a few dependency requirements, one of them is the
need for the library set of "GLIBC_2.3.2" which is needed by
"rpm-4.2.1-0.30" which is needed by YUM etc.  There are other
dependencies there too but you get the idea.

Can anyone share the "RedHat-7.3 + YUM" experience with me?
I've been down this path before and when there is more than 10
dependencies on a package I rethink my motives and in this case
it was that I just wanted to check out how YUM worked for a
trial.

Thanks

--
Bill Schoolcraft