yum update of glibc needs space that's already there

duncan brown duncanbrown at email.com
Mon Apr 5 13:19:41 UTC 2004

is this a server or a workstation?  you should probably try cleaning out various cache files you may have sitting around, a 2GB drive (sadly) doesn't give you alot of room to play around with in a modern distribution.

[duncan at atom Cache]$ pwd
/home/duncan/.mozilla/default/1dky1wp0.slt/Cache
[duncan at atom Cache]$ du -sh .
34M     .

that'll free up some space, if you try that... i have a script that i run every morning and at least once a day that cleans out this dir...

rm -fv ~/.mozilla/default/*/Cache/*

it sounds like you may need to do some spring cleaning, or hunting for packages you never use to clean up that last bit of space.

-d

have you tried to install these upgrades by hand?  and MAKE SURE you install the one appropriate to your archetecture with glibc (i386/i686/etc), otherwise you'll hose your machine.

-d