OH @$#%%$$#^ Fedora doesn't do mc pine or lyx ???????????

duncan brown duncanbrown at email.com
Mon Apr 5 13:33:32 UTC 2004

pine is not released under the GPL but under an extremely restrictive license, which is what (from what i understand) keeps it from being installed from the fedora cds.   i havn't tried in about 4+ years, so it has probably changed, but from what i remember pine and pico (come in the same tar) are extremely difficult to compile.

i did a quick google for "pine fedora apt" and the second link was:

http://dag.wieers.com/packages/pine/

so, there you go... install the pine from dag's repository and your life will be easier.  i have no idea how reputable the repository is, but i've heard alot of good things about it.