(no subject)

duncan brown duncanbrown at email.com
Mon Apr 5 13:59:04 UTC 2004

you either have hardware problems or XFree86 isn't configured correctly.

try this:

get to the text mode login prompt (power on machine, and at grub screen press 'a' and then append the number '3' to the end of the command line you see)

cd /etc/X11
mv XF86Config XF86Config.orig
redhat-config-xfree86

make sure you're selecting the proper driver for your video card, this is probably where you're having your problem.  next, select your monitor.  if you're unsure of the make/model, then select a Generic SVGA at the resolution you want to use.

-d