yum update of glibc needs space that's already there

Thiers Botelho thiers at fosfertil-ultrafertil.com.br
Mon Apr 5 14:37:32 UTC 2004

Hi Ludwig,

[following broken thread under
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-April/msg00686.html ]

On Mon, Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:09:49 -0400, jludwig <wralphie comcast net>
wrote:

| [ snip ]
|
|On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 08:51, duncan brown wrote:
|
|> I've never come across this problem before, but it sounds like you need
space for both updated packages and the files they are going to provide,
so you'd probably want to double that... you should clean out your yum
cache and try this again:

|> [ snip ]

Well I don't suppose there's an easy way to track these system-wide ??

|or source files if you won't ever compile the programs.

That sounds more practical. But aren't source files also scattered thru
the system ?

Maybe I could gather them all with find + grep, but what strings should I
search for ?

|Also when you run yum you can tell it to exclude packages you don't want.

I do that frequently, so no big potential gains here and now (other than
killing ooo).

Thnx

Thiers

|--