will future cd's be apt

S. Gongola gongolas at verizon.net
Mon Apr 5 21:41:17 UTC 2004

How about including an apt index on the CD's. I would like to apt-cdrom or use
synaptic to add it to my sources.list. Now I  let apt/synaptic fetch it from
a apt repository instead of having to pull a package that could be easily
pulled locally from a CD. If it would be easier, To let synaptic tell me
which CD the rpm is located on and let it install it for me, instead of
having to close synaptic search the CD's for the rpm, install it and
re-initiate the apt-get procedure, it is simpler now to just let apt/synaptic
get it automatically by freshly downloading it.