Anythnig to watch out for on a laptop?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Apr 6 05:32:58 UTC 2004

At 11:54 4/5/2004, you wrote:
>Yes, try not to purchase a Sony. I did and several distros failed to boot.
>I like Sony products, but their laptops do not seem to support Linux as well.

OT, but I'm not thrilled with their Palm products either. My dad just spent
$525 on a Sony top-of-the-line Palm for my birthday. After two weeks of
using it, I'm buying a Palm Tungsten T3 for myself ($335) and giving the
Sony to my wife since she likes the "cool" factor. Slick-looking thing, but
next to useless as a real PDA in daily life.

Sony is still limited to consumer electronics as far as I am concerned.
Their desktops, notebooks, and PDA's still suck. But since they do have
good design heads in their company and they come up with some very cool
stuff, hopefully at some point it will mature to become cool *and* useful.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com