Mailing list procmail recipe

Dennis Calhoun dcalhoun at blomand.net
Tue Apr 6 06:25:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 08:53:52 +0900, you wrote:

>    RH> I am using the X-BeenThere header for Mailman-based
>    RH> lists and Delivered-To header for ezmlm-based lists
>    RH> to filter mailing list emails.
>
>    RH> :0:
>    RH> * ^X-BeenThere: fedora-list at redhat\.com
>    RH> fedoralist
>
>X-BeenThere mostly works well, however it can happen that
>there are multiple X-BeenThere headers from different lists
>present.  So I filter on the Sender field with
>
>  :0:
>  * ^Sender: \/[a-z0-9-]+-(admin@|bounces[+@])
>  `echo $MATCH | sed "s/-admin at .*// ; s/-bounces[+@].*//"`
>
>which seems to be even more reliable

That may be true, but I take one look at stuff like this and, as any
experienced Windows user would say...
Give me AGENT on a Windoze box!

I'm not trying to be some kind of smarty here. Just again trying to
point out the obvious shortcomings of Linux (of any flavour) for the
home market (or small business for that matter).

Please consider my critique as a suggestion, not a put-down.

--
No idea is so strong that it should not be tested by doubt.
And no man is so wise that he is infallible.

Dennis C.