K3b blew my writer (5 of them)

Mihai Maties mihai at xcyb.org
Tue Apr 6 08:06:46 UTC 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 22:18, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> I actually thought I had the latest version installed, Seems my apt repo
> is a bit behind,
> However I have now installed 0.11.9 and although the writer is still
> alive it still seems to get confused when I set it to make more than one
> copy and hangs up my system.
> The question here is that if k3b only uses software like cdrecord then
> would the problem not be with cdrecord?

K3b is only a frontend for cdrecord/cdrdao/readcd; it does not write CDs by
directly accessing the drive so indeed it is possible that your drive might
not be well supported. On the other side it could be a bug in K3b... If the
problem persists I suggest you to take this problem to the k3b-user mailing
list (you'll find a link on http://www.k3b.org).

Mihai