[OT] RE: Anythnig to watch out for on a laptop?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Apr 6 14:24:31 UTC 2004

At 01:48 4/6/2004, you wrote:
>Have you seen their Z1 Laptop Line. Now, That is Really Cool.
>Looks even slicker than the T41. (IMHO)

Yes, *very* cool. But check out the new X40, and the advantage is not so
great. My problem is that I am now convinced (from significant prior
personal experience) that the Z1 would be expensive, slow, dogged by driver
incompatibilities, prone to overheating, loud, and with short battery life.

Give me the IBM for real work, please... for the moment, Sony computers and
PDA's are just good for showing off their looks and their cool factor (and
the X40 has a cool factor of its own, too). My full respect to the Sony
*designers* but their *engineers* still have a ways to go. :-)

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com