Moving discussions around, a different view

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Tue Apr 6 16:20:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 11:10, duncan brown wrote:
> i second the motion
>
> -d

I believe that the "older more experienced users" will upgrade faster,
not only because they like to play with new toys, but, have they more
confidence in their skills to make stuff work.

This could isolate many users from their greater expertise and might
slow the growth, not only of Fedora, but Linux in general.

We are a community grown from a movement. As a community we should help
fellow members and newcomers get established if we want this community
to grow.

This movement was started in a general spirit of co-operation and will
die if this co-operation ceases.

We are the friends, family, and members of this community that grew here
because of someone's work and help. We need to remember this fact.

As a community we need to determine what will help the most users and
not choose for our own convenience.

I believe also that a more general list would serve this purpose.

--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>