perplexing CD burning question

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Apr 6 17:06:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 14:30, duncan brown wrote:
> wouldn't the yellow dog forums/site/whatever be a better place for this question?
snipped
> > I have an old Apple powerbook G3 that I want to bring to life with
> > Yellow Dog Linux.
> > I have downloaded the ISO's and have tried 3-4 different times to make
> > cd's the machine can boot from.
> > I have read someplace that k3b has issues with this.  Anyone have a
> > solution?
> >
> > To throw a monkey wrench into the question, is it possible to
> > deconstruct these iso's and recreate them as one large image I can burn
> > to DVD?
> >
> > Trying to go "all linux all the time" and I have hit a snag.

Could I be a pest and disagree purely because the subject has come up
with the fedora isos before and I am actually still waiting to see if a
solution has been found to turn my 3 discs into one iso for fedora core
1 yarrow.
Now there was quite a lot of reference to a script which was said to be
capable of doing the trick, only I never could get it working.

Here is the link to the script:
ftp://people.redhat.com/ckloiber/mkdvdiso.sh
Check it out maybe it will help with YDL.

Cheers

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.