Problems Installing FC1 to SATA Hard Disk

Mike Insch (as00000042) as00000042 at ordan.org
Tue Apr 6 18:19:05 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me here - I've trued Google, Looking in Bugzilla,
been on #fedora on IRC, and a few other places with no luck!

In short, I am trying to install Fedora Core 1 onto a SATA Hard Disk.  The
SATA HDD is the only Hard Disk in the system.  The problem is that the
installer cannot see the disk to do the install!

The relevant bits of the system spec are:
Motherboard:  MSI KT6V-LSR (KT600 Chipset)
CPU:  Athlon XP 2600+
RAM:  2x Crucial 512MiB Modules
HDD:  Maxtor 6Y120M0 120GB SATA

Does anyone have this configuration (or something with the same chipset at
least) working with FC1?  If so, how did you get the installer to see the
SATA HDD?

I'm not new to Linux, or to Red Hat's versions of Linux, so if there is a
bit of fiddling to be done to get this configuration working, that's OK.

I know that FC2-test2 is out, but since this is for a "production"
machine, I'd like to avoid using it, unless that is my only option for the
moment.  If test2 is definately the only option, then I can only use it if
I can "cleanly" upgrade to FC2-release when it hits the mirrors in a month
or two!

Any help, advice, pointers or general extra info. would be appreciated.
--
Regards, Mike Insch, CCA, DipHE           ______________________________
      ___ ______  ___   ___  __   _      | AntiSpam System In Use With  |