cvs connecting to server with bash

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Apr 6 19:01:05 UTC 2004

Trying to connect to cvs
:pserver:anonymous at cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot
What am I doing wrong?

I have visted the http://www.cvshome.org/docs/blandy.html to try learn
how to connect to cvs.
I am running Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.5 (client/server)
and am trying to update mozilla to run nudev
nudev requires me to update mozilla which wants me to update via cvs.
But I am stuck, this is what I have done so far:

[root at localhost root]# export
http_proxy=http://chadley:xxxxxx@196.25.100.20:80
[root at localhost root]# set CVSROOT
:pserver:anonymous at cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot
[root at localhost root]# cvs checkout httpc
cvs checkout: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [checkout aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
[root at localhost root]#
Not having any clue here this is greek to me.

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.