off topic evolution

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Tue Apr 6 23:21:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 00:56, Tom 'Needs A Hat' Mitchell wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 09:27:03PM +0200, Chadley Wilson wrote:
> Sounds like you  want to cultivate a habit of saving mail
> in a different folder each month.  If you do this then
> it gets easy to archive blocks of time to CD ROM or some
> other backup media.
>
> A single INBOX  with 70,000 messages in it is painful to live with.
> At some point something will break and then the whole pile is dust.
> Organize, organize, folder, folders....  BACKUP.

Well now you see :-> this is just the problem, there  are 33,000 in my
inbox, used for my client support, and thats just since the beginning of
the year.
and in my FC1 folder there are 13000 in my glug folder there's only about 8000
and in various others (business|personal|funnies) accumulative amount of 21,500
more or less.
So I figured it time to backup and cleanup.
The problem being that I have so many filters and folders that it going to be pain staking
to go through all of them one by one.

I guess I was wishing for a tool to do the job, Ah well bleeding knuckles it is.
Thanks mate

--
Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.