cvs connecting to server with bash

Mike Klinke lsomike at futzin.com
Wed Apr 7 03:45:15 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 21:58, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, you can't CVS through Proxy.
> I think I've asked/googled around. Only thing I found was
> references made like 5 years ago that had anything that
> resembles cvs through proxy.
>
> There was also suggestion to use desproxy to tunnel cvs
> or some kind of web-bases cvs that you can use a proggie
> to sort of screen scrape. I forget.

The following message just moved on the CVS list this evening.

Regards,  Mike Klinke

I just cleaned up and checked in a patch to feature that was
previously
cleaned up by Jim Kingdon in 98 or so
(<http://www.cvshome.org/cyclic/cvs/dev-http.txt>).  It enables CVS
access through HTTP tunnel web proxies.

I don't have access to any working web proxies myself, so I could only
test that the parser works correctly.  If anyone with access to a web
proxy would care to test it, I would appreciate feedback.

Derek