MUA Filters vs Procmail filters[was] RE: Mailing list procmail recipe

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Wed Apr 7 08:46:35 UTC 2004

After going through this thread. I just need to ask another stupid
question. What's the major benefit (newb) for one to be using
procmail to filter emails (besides filtering *.exe *.pif etc viruses)
versus that which is offered by MUAs such as Evolution.
(i'm on evolution)

Both serves the same purpose right? I know IMAP is a better (from what I
hear. Pls don't make this an argument) vs Mbox. but mbox format is better
for archiving/writing to CDR.

Since I'm using Mbox format, I might need to re-word the above recipe to
put into my ~/home/evolution/local/subfolders/Linux/subfolders/Fedora
right?

But I digress. What's the benefit of using procmail vs MUA filters???