cvs connecting to server with bash

Keven Ring keven at mitre.org
Wed Apr 7 13:04:11 UTC 2004

Mike Klinke wrote:

>On Tuesday 06 April 2004 21:58, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>

>>Unless I'm mistaken, you can't CVS through Proxy.
>>I think I've asked/googled around. Only thing I found was
>>references made like 5 years ago that had anything that
>>resembles cvs through proxy.
>>
>>There was also suggestion to use desproxy to tunnel cvs
>>or some kind of web-bases cvs that you can use a proggie
>>to sort of screen scrape. I forget.
>>

>The following message just moved on the CVS list this evening.
>
>Regards,  Mike Klinke
>
>=============================
>

>I just cleaned up and checked in a patch to feature that was
>previously
>cleaned up by Jim Kingdon in 98 or so
>(<http://www.cvshome.org/cyclic/cvs/dev-http.txt>).  It enables CVS
>access through HTTP tunnel web proxies.
>
>I don't have access to any working web proxies myself, so I could only
>test that the parser works correctly.  If anyone with access to a web
>proxy would care to test it, I would appreciate feedback.
>
>Derek

There are a variety of patches to CVS to allow for HTTP proxy use.  The
CVS client that comes with WinCVS [also available as gCVS for unix and
MacCVS for Macintosh] comes with one of the http proxy patches included.

A small note for anyone trying to compile gCVS on Fedora - I had to make
a few patches....  I have an RPM and SRPM files if anyone is interested
in hosting.  By default, it puts the binaries in /usr/local/bin.

You can get WinCVS, gCVS and MacCVS from http://cvsgui.sourceforge.net/

--
Keven Ring               | The called it Paradise, I don't know why
The MITRE Corporation    | Call someplace Paradise, Kiss it Goodbye