Is Linux always so frustating^

live4bacon at optonline.net live4bacon at optonline.net
Wed Apr 7 16:59:02 UTC 2004

---Mitch Wiedemann Wrote:

> I used to use Dreamweaver on Windows for Web development on a
> Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP server.  When I switched to Linux, I
> realized
> that Dreamweaver (which is a great program for general Web dev.
> tasks)
> wasn't going to be available to me.   This was a difficult notion.
> decided that I'd have to give up Dreamweaver and come up with
> alternate
> methods of getting my work done

Mitch, could you please expound on this a little more?

I am currently making the switch over to Linux and am having a similar growing pain.  I have found Quanta and prefer it over Dreamweaver so far.   One facet that I miss (and still go back to DW to accomplish) is the site wide link updates on file name changes, what do you use to get this done in Linux?

Maybe I need to take a longer/closer look at the Quanta Docs.

In regards to making the switch, I wish I had done it sooner.  I purchased a new Dell with XP in Jan. and switched my old box over to Fedora and barely touch the XP machine.  I would like to switch it over to Linux as well (being that on the rare occasion that I find myself working on the XP box it usually crashes) but I think the hardware, specifically the video card, would not be compatible w/ Linux, and I like the fact that my XP box records TV (much like TiVo), however is someone could point me towards some literature into turning my linux box into a PVR I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,
JWP