Is Linux always so frustating^

Nelson Guedes Paulo Junior npaulo at linux.ime.usp.br
Wed Apr 7 19:13:31 UTC 2004

I'm using Fedora on a Athlon 1.3 Ghz, had a lot of problems but it was
very funny to solve then and I learned a lot in the processes. But what
I'm talking about? It's the true spirit in Linux: LEARN A LOT!

IF you want to use Linux, you NEED to learn. Power doesn't come without
any cost!

Try to learn. There are a lot of good books and ggood documentation
around.

Just my two *
:-)

[]'s

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:07:23PM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> live4bacon at optonline.net wrote:
>
> >In regards to making the switch, I wish I had done it sooner.  I purchased
> >a new Dell with XP in Jan. and switched my old box over to Fedora and
> >barely touch the XP machine.  I would like to switch it over to Linux as
> >well (being that on the rare occasion that I find myself working on the XP
> >box it usually crashes) but I think the hardware, specifically the video
> >card, would not be compatible w/ Linux, and I like the fact that my XP box
> >records TV (much like TiVo), however is someone could point me towards
> >some literature into turning my linux box into a PVR I would be most
> >appreciative.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >JWP
>
> I am running Fedora on a Dell Optiplex with no problems.  Actually
> better than XP ran.
>
> --
> Robin Laing
>

> --

Nelson Guedes Paulo Junior
E-mail:  <npaulo at linux.ime.usp.br>   UIN: 2489382 (Tender [:alpha:]*)
Eu cavo, tu cavas, ele cava, nós cavamos, vós cavais, eles cavam...
Não é bonito, mas é profundo.