Linux PVR [was] Is Linux ...frustrating

live4bacon at optonline.net live4bacon at optonline.net
Wed Apr 7 20:28:13 UTC 2004

DUNCAN BROWN said:
> also, i'd appreciate it that once you're linux conversion is
> complete if you'd do a small write up (a paragraph or two) on how
> happy you are now with linux vs ms for my site.  i want to collect
> as many 'switch' advocates as possible.

Sure be happy to!! (give me a few weeks)

Anyone care to comment on getting the remote to work?  I would assume that the one that shipped with Windows media center will not work, or maybe I can reconfigure it to work?  Anyone out there with experience on this matter?

Thanks for all the great feedback regarding this matter, I am so ready to return home and remove XP from my machine!!!   (kicking myself for spending the money on XP when I bought the Dell, at least I knew better than to get the MS Office upgrade, anyone know if M$ gives refunds if you remove their software and send the disks back?   8^)

JP