Simultaneous sounds with ALSA?

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Apr 8 02:24:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 04:18, Nelson Guedes Paulo Junior wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've instaled ALSA on my machine, but I can't hear simultaneous sounds. If two aplications
> play a sound at the same time, I hear one, and after he finishes, I hear the other.

Had the same problem with some disco mixer software I played with
recently The problem could be in the two programs themselves. See if
there isn't an option in each one to select the dsp devices, you
probably find they are both using the same device. Change one to dsp2 or
just different to the other. The only other thing it would be is the
permissions on the auido device, someone else must help you with that I
can't remeber how I did it. But it is in the archives.

Chadley - Linux Rocks
Welcome to my world.
This mail is free for distribution. You are free to - delete it - resend
it - use it in anyway that makes you happy. I am not responsible for it
or its content due to ignorance.
Enjoy the adventures of Linux